Saturday, June 13, 2009

A new career in a new town.

Okay, not really.

Hi, my name is Mike Nigro and The Review has been kind enough to let me be their music blogger for the '09-'10 school year. And/or had an unfortunate lack of oversight.

You might ask what my qualifications for such a position are. Well, I'm not a journalist, I've never blogged before, and I probably use parentheses too much. However, I have hosted a music show on the University's radio station, 91.FM WVUD (shameless!), for three years and counting, I spent a year as the station's Music Director, I follow a number of music news, review, and blog sites, and I keep tabs on local music here in Newark. I'm also in a band, Atlas (myspace.com/atlasde) (shameless!).

In short, I'm a big music fan, and being the late adopter of technology that I am, I thought I'd take an opportunity to try this blogging thing out. I don't claim to be any sort of fount of ultimate knowledge about musical trivialities, (that's what allmusic is for) but I'll do my best to keep coverage interesting, timely, and well-rounded.

Topics will probably be more geared towards contemporary independent rock, but I've also got a penchant for some electronica and experimental music, as well as the classics , and I'll do my best to incorporate other generes for variety.

Thanks for reading and the layout will probably start looking a lot better once I figure out how to use these newfangeld things called "blogs."

Now Listening to: Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman (1970)

No comments:

Post a Comment