Thursday, September 3, 2009

Big Moon.

I'm a big fan of full moons. Tonight is a particularly good one. I don't know if this is true, but I heard somewhere that the moon is brighter in September. Either way, I think it's a nice thought.

Tonight's large, glowing slice of cheese in the sky got me thinking about a great song from a great album. "Big Moon" is a song on Arthur Russell's Love is Overtaking Me (2008), a collection of folk/country/rock songs he recorded between 1973 and 1990 that were never previously released.

If you're unfamiliar with Mr. Russell, I'd highly recommend poking around this site a bit.

Sadly, the internet gods weren't in the mood to give me a stream of "Big Moon," so you'll have to settle for another knockout song from the record, "I Couldn't Say it to Your Face." Life is hard, right?

Arthur Russell - I Couldn't Say it to Your Face

Now listening to: Mogwai - My Father, My King (2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment