Wednesday, November 11, 2009

videooooooos

So instead of a post where I say a bunch of stupid things about some band, I'm just gonna post some music videos that I've come across recently that I really like.

To get us started, we've got a rather long one, it's Thin Lizzy playing "The Cowboy Song" directly into "The Boys are Back in Town" live in Sydney,Australia in 1978. The transition between songs is great in so many ways.


----
Next is another really long video, but I really suggest at least watching the first song. It's Part One of concert that Neil Young did for BBC in 1971, you can watch the rest of it on YouTube as well. He starts it off with "Out on The Weekend", WOO.


----
Next onto some newer things, here is a video of NJ's own Real Estate who's debut, self-titled, full-length is out next Tuesday, November 17th on Woodsist. This video was shot by Chocolate Bobka in the middle of the summer at an outdoor show and the sun is setting as the band plays. So it's pretty much the opposite of the weather these days. Anyway, they play a reverb-drenched version "Green River" right into "Suburban Beverage" (yea it's another long one).


----
This isn't really that new either but I still think it's worth a look. It's a beautiful fan video that I came across the other day for Deerhunter's "White Ink" from their album, Cryptograms. The song is just a mellow ambient drone but the visual is really captivating.


----
I'm gonna change gears a little bit, here's blues musician Furry Lewis performing "When I Lay My Burden Down" in a very singular style. Via Naturalismo.


----
Finally, we have Santo & Johnny performing their 1959 hit and one of my favorite songs "Sleep Walk". It's great to be able to see the steel guitar playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment