Thursday, August 20, 2009

Raekwon the Chef - "House of Flying Daggers"



Recently I've found myself revisiting the Wu-Tang Clan's back catalog and wishing I owned some kung-fu movies. I think it's all because of this song. "House of Flying Daggers" is the latest track that's available from Raekwon the Chef's long-rumoured Only Built for Cuban Linx II, which will finally be released (cross your fingers!) on September 8. In the years since the entire Clan dropped Enter the Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers) (1993), their output both as a group and as individuals has been pretty scattershot. We're all in luck, though, because this track comes through with all of the things that make a solid Wu song: a sound clip from an old kung-fu movie at the beginning, a beat that reminds you of an army of skeletons running drills, a slew of hungry verses from other Clan members (Inspectah Deck, Ghostface Killah, and Method Man), and a sound clip from an old kung-fu movie at the end. I don't know what a Cuban Link is, but I don't care - I just want to listen to this song again.

Raekwon the Chef - "House of Flying Daggers"

Now listening to: Cave - Psychic Psummer (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment